August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Laird....




My baby is one year old!! I am sure every mom feels this way, but where did all the time go? The first year of Laird's life has gone by so fast and I am so sad!!! I love watching him learn and do new things, like walking and saying new words, but I still want my baby!! Laird has been the best little boy. He is so good. It is hard for me to accept that he is growing up. Oh well, he is only a year old right? Enough of my blabbing/complaining....Happy Birthday Big Boy!

For his big day, we took him to where else? Chuckie Cheese!!! Okay, we didn't really have a plan so it was kind of a last minute decision. It ended up being more entertainment for Calvin than it was for Laird. The Chuckie Cheese in Sandy gets bad reviews from me. There was nothing for Laird to do. At least the Chuckie Cheese's in Vegas have a toddler section that they can crawl around on. There was nothing. I was even less impressed by the amount of rides they had or lack there of. The funniest thing happened though...I got up from our table to refil our drink. When I was standing there I noticed the guy next to me laughing and looking back towards our table. I could hear a kid crying, but that is normal for a place like Chuckie Cheese so I did not think anything of it. As I was heading back towards our table I see my husband, Charles, laughing over our plate of salad. I'm thinking, "What's so funny?" That's when I see it...Chuckie has come out for a friendly visit with the kids and he scared the heck out of this chubby little girl. I just see her clinging to her dad and then I recognize the crying I heard earlier. She was seriously crying for her life. Meanwhile an employee is trying to usher a very confused Chuckie away because he/she can't see out of the costume. It was hilarious!

We came home and the "icing on the cake" was singing happy birthday to Laird. He was so cute. He got all shy and curled his little hand under his chin. He loved to attention.

7 comments:

Brenda E said...

I can hardly believe it has been a year. I think the second child and those that follow the first learn a lot faster because of all the interaction. A sibling to learn from. It does seem as if that first year goes faster as well. That is funny about confused Chuck E Cheese. For a real Chuck E Cheese come to Vegas, right!

Todd and Saralyn said...

im glad laird had an intresting first birthday..lol..Hope all is going well up there with you guys ..hope to see you soon again

Linda said...

Cute. I wish I was there to sing happy birthday tp that little boy!

Nicole Cave said...

Oh shabooboo doodoo!! He is such a good boy. So laid back and happy. Must be a true blessing! I liked when you kept calling the other day...you must miss me!! Sorry I was so busy that day...4 kids do that to me sometimes. Now you know why I text you in the middle of the night!!

Jillian said...

Happy Birthday Laird! It was good to see you at the wedding. Feel free to stop by anytime when you are in town. :)

Jessica said...

I want to squeeze his cheeks!!!!!

The Hyde's said...

I can't believe Laird is 1 already. He is so cute and has grown up just in the few months you have been gone. We miss you guys here in Vegas. Cameron asks when Calvin is going to come back to church and when can he come over. Call us if you ever come down to Vegas we would love to see you.