May 21, 2009

I feel like crying...

 I just forgot Calvin had a church field trip today!!!!!!  I was supposed to take him to the church at 4:15 dressed in his sunday best for a visit to the Temple.  It is now 7:30.  They asked us mom's to accompany the little ones, so I was supposed to go with him.  They were getting a bus so everyone was driving together.  They even had the parents write our child a letter that they could read on temple grounds.  (I obviously would have to read Calvin his:)  I wrote mine last week and put a lot of thought into it; testimony and all!  I am so sad right now.  I was really looking forward to this and Calvin would have thought it was the coolest day!  I feel like the worst mother.  


To make matters worse, about and hour ago, Calvin was playing with Laird and tipped his chair over.  Larid came crashing to the ground smaking his head on the tile and Calvin (who was underneath Laird's chair) was pinned and screaming.  Calivn had a bloody mouth and an egg on his head.  Laird had a bloody nose.  To paint a more vivid picture, the chair Laird's high chair is strapped to is a 30" bar stool.  He fell pretty hard.  

Today started off good.  We swam at the pool for two hours and had a grand ol' time.   I thought I was getting better at being more organized.  This has been a big wake up call for me.  

I AM SO SORRY CALVIN!!!!!!!! 

10 comments:

Tara said...

Don't beat yourself up. As mothers we do EVERYTHING, ALL the time so we are bound to forget things here and there and mess up from time to time.

Maybe you could take your own special trip to the temple with him and read your letter. I bet he would think it was still pretty cool, maybe even cooler if you bought him a treat on the way home....a mommy/Calvin date!

Marisa said...

I was totally going to say the same hing... he would love a special date with you to the Temple and you could still read him his letter then! I'll even spill a secret... this past St. Patrick's Day I had all these grand plans but by the time it was time... I was exhausted so we did it the next day! My kids didn't even know. I felt like an awful mother but as my friend pointed out the important part is the memory made... not the details surrounding it! As for the accident, it's a boy thing not a mom thing! My boys are always bumping, crashing, or bruising something! Sorry this is Dr Phill long winded style!

Brenda E said...

Mary maybe you could do a special family home evening and go to the temple and take him in the front entrance of it, walk around it and talk about the significance, and blessings of it, and then share the letter with him. Also be sure to take pictures. Have the family dress up and, talk about the sacredness and beauty the temple. I did not read the other suggestions at first, but it sounds we all have similar ideas. Put a scrapbook page together as a memorable thing he can always look back on with the letter and pictures. They did this with my sons primary activity days. The pictures are on the bottom of my blog page, but they didn't do the letter thing. I really like that. I have this great little boo boo bear I keep in my fridge for all the bumps and bruises my kids get. I really like it because they are the ones that will either ask for it, or get it themselves when they get hurt. When I have tried ice it doesn't happen. They don't want me to touch them with the ice. It is a soft bear made out of material and on one side is some kind of gel or liquid inside that maintains the cold well. The other thing I have is a rice/bean bag that I keep in the freezer and they also use it. You can make it with a hand towel or wash cloth and rice or beans. Just sew the side double enforced and put the beans or rice in. It can be put in the freezer or microwaved for cold feet or a sore neck. Donna made me one and embroidered it.

Linda said...

Take him yourself. He'd think it's cool if you made a big deal about it. And, I can't believe you didn't tell me about that accident? Reminds me of the time I fell backwards in the barstool at the house on Yucca Springs. I hit the tile too... goose egg and all.

Amber said...

That stinks. I'm sorry that you forgot. I booked our trip out to NC and then realized that we were going to be gone for Pre-School graduation!! Sometimes, we just miss somethings. Hope they're better from the fall.

Nicole Cave said...

Yeah you suck!! Mary you do things right most of the time. We all are losers now and then. There is a reason you guys weren't on the BUS...just make a trip out of it as everyone else has said. I think you are wonderful!!

3 boys and a lady said...

GOSH MARY! just kidding! you are amazing at everything you do! and you look good while you do it! Poor little Laird. I am glad he is ok.
I was looking through old pics today and I found those ones we took at disneyland and at my pool....oh my we were hilarious!

Lauren said...

If it makes you feel any better, every time I went to your house (when you lived down the street) it was immaculate and everything was in perfect order. I assumed you had it perfectly together at all times. :) Everyone has bad days! I love the temple field trip idea. I have been thinking of taking Maddie too!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are one of the best moms I know. You are so sweet to worry so much about it. I MISS YOU!!!!

Britt and Rick said...

There's never a dull moment with kids I guess! You're one of the best moms I know!