Hey there friends...if there are any of you left!! Thought it would be a good time to post some pics and stuff. It is somewhat fall here in Vegas. It has been in the high 80's all week and, I can not believe I am about to say this, but where is the cooler weather?
Anyways, Calvin has started Preschool. He has been dying to go, so it was time to get him there!!! He has been having fun and comes home everyday with a new craft project. He is busy every day inventing something. He has now been asking for card board and tape tape TAPE TAPE!!! It is very wasteful, but he loves it! He would go through a whole roll of masking tape in one day if he could. It is pretty ridiculous, but he loves it! I'd rather encourage his creativity than stop it. He is obsessed with Ghost Busters. It has everything to do with the super cool "technology" involving their Proton "ghost sucking" Packs. SO, he is going to be a Ghost Buster for Halloween. We made him a jump suit with a "no ghosts" emblem on his sleeve and a Proton Pack original. He played a huge roll in the creation process. There will be plenty of pics soon...
Laird...oh Laird! He had a birthday in August and turned 2. The little guy is obsessed with Curious George. So, we had a Georgie party for him. He loved it. He is learning so many new words all the time and tries really hard to keep up with Calvin. Just today he whacked Cal in the head with a plastic golf club making him cry. I couldn't help but laugh thinking, "That is what you get for picking on someone smaller than you!" Laird has also started playing copy cat. He repeats everything! For example: Me, "Calvin stop crying!" Laird, "Calbin, stop kwrying!" It's pretty funny! I have also, not by choice, put Laird in a toddler bed. He was starting to try chewing his way out of his crib:) It was time. With that comes the head ache of keeping him in bed. His door does not have a lock on it, so I have to rope it shut with the Laundry room door. So, he just stays in there and plays for a bit and then eventually he tuckers out and takes his nap. Well, one day Calvin opened his door and yelled for me to come look at Laird. I was pretty angry Calvin let him out first of all, but when I saw him, I about died! He was covered in Desitin diaper cream!! White as a ghost! He smelled like chemicals for days and so did his room. On top of that, he has black furniture. There was thick white cream smeared everywhere! Regardless, Laird just has that personality that you just want to kiss him anyways!!!
Also, this summer Laird taught himself to swim. Crazy! With all the attention on Laird it got Calvin to get over his fear of putting his head under water and he started to swim too! It was so proud of him!!
I have been obsessed with reading! I have also been obsessed as usual with sewing and more specifically quilting. Oh, and tonight I was making a yummy homemade Mac and Cheese recipe I have never tried before...I put ground ginger in the mix rather than the ground mustard it called for!!! Happy Wednesday!
5 comments:
glad to see u post something new! While you were in cali with charlie Brooklyn played so well with calvin
Love the update. Need a few pics. It's the only way I can see them from CT. :)
Mary you are so funny. I wish you were closer. I can hardly wait to see Calvin and Laird in their Halloween costumes. I love those guys.
So... where's the pictures?
Mary, please post some pictures for me:)
Post a Comment