February 12, 2010

You Tube moment...

I was grocery shopping by myself today and the funniest thing happened to me! I couldn't find the keys to my car when I was leaving my house, so I had to take the spare key. The spare key has no clicker on the key chain, so I have to manually unlock the doors to the car. I get to the store and as I am walking out to the car I decide I am going to unload the groceries on the right side of the car. Of course, there are no key holes on that side of the car. There is only one on the driver side door. So I left the cart parked there and walked to the other side of the car. As I am unloading my purse, I look up and see my cart rolling across the parking lot! Thank heavens there was no other cars parked in front of me because at the speed the cart was going it would have really done some damage. So, I quickly shut the door and start running as fast as I can to catch my run away cart. I was no where near the cart when it ran into the curb of a planter. In my head I am thinking it will just bump into the curb and stop, but no quite the opposite happened...IT TIPPED OVER FROM THE FRONT! I didn't know what to think. Obviously, I was worried about all my groceries, but mostly I was just worried about who saw! The groceries where fine. Their fall was softened by the dirt and gravel of the planter. I did however have a small potted tulip plant that took it rough. Potting soil confetti covered my grocery bags. No glass broke thank goodness. I was not strong enough to tip the cart back up either. I had to make a few trips to my car transferring my groceries from the ground to the car. As far as who saw... of course parked right next to me is an older man waiting for his wife in the car. I know he saw the whole thing! He did not do anything! He just sat there and watched me in my humiliation. He was Oriental, so maybe he did not speak English? Ridiculous. I mean, all in all, I just wanted to laugh. I wasn't even that mad. I just wish I could have posted it on You Tube. It probably would have been a different story if my kids were with me. Thank goodness they weren't too because if one of my children was in the cart when that happened this post would be singing a different tune!


To top my day off, later in the evening I was running a bunch of errands, with my boys this time. We had picked up Red Robin for dinner and of course they had to get balloons. Next we stopped by Blockbuster for some movies and Laird's balloon pops in the store! It really was not that loud, but it was pretty quiet in the store despite the fact it was pretty busy. I think everyone thought it was a gun shot because I looked over at the people in line and there was fear across their faces. Again, I just wanted laugh! I quickly reassured everyone it was just a balloon, but one of the store employees did not hear me and he came from behind the register to investigate. Oh man...all in a days work!!

Calvin made the comment, "When I get home I am going to kiss the floor."
Me, "Why?"
Calvin, "Because I will be so happy to be there!"

AMEN SON!

7 comments:

Tara said...

The work of a mother...I wish I could have seen you booking it across the parking lot trying to catch up with your cart!

Great story!

Theresa Rodriguez said...

Oh how I miss you. Seriously. So much!

Nicole Cave said...

So I just have to tell you that if my friend Adrianne read this she would tell you that "Oriental" is a rug, not a nationality! She would say that the correct term is "Asian". Ha Ha, you are funny Mary. It was good to see you the other day. I wish I wasn't so busy sometimes!!

Mary Stuart said...

That is funny Nicole about the oriental term because I thought Asian was incorrect. Now I know!

Kim said...

Mary - that is too funny! That sounds like something that would happen to me! Thanks for sharing :)

Todd and Saralyn said...

your stories were hilarious! you were so detailed I can actually picture it in my mind happening...LOL

Linda said...

You didn't tell me what Calvin said. That is hilarious! He is so smart. When I was reading him that train book, there was a section cut of the train showing a restroom. Cal was like "where are the pipes below the toilet?" I couldn't believe that he new that they should be there. And then he went on to ask me how all the things on the train would get electricity...